We are a dedicated and energetic all volunteer group of townspeople like yourself who share a love of history and have a common goal of keeping our history alive and accessible to many.
ABOUT US is actually about you. As we see it, preserving our town history is a gift to you, our fellow citizens, and generations to come and “we” cannot do it without “you” as well. We would be very pleased to have you join us in our endeavors, as we rely on our volunteers to stay vital. Without new volunteers, none of this is possible and our history is lost.
There are many ways to help:
- Become a member and bring new energy, ideas and talents.
- Create a project, serve on a existing committee or start a new one that appeals.
- Have a few hours on Saturday morning once in awhile in the summer? Consider being a museum docent. Please contact the Curator/Museum Coordinator.
- Can you help with our participation on Old Home Day?
- Do you have artifacts or materials to donate or loan for an exhibit? Please contact the Curator.
- Can you help generate membership? Are you good with social media?
- Join and follow us on Facebook and join the conversation and generate interest. Contribute to topics. Share with your friends.
- Want to float an idea for a new historical topic for a page on Website or have new info to share, including photos?
- Are you theatrical or curious? Ever think about trying your talents out on being a re enactor? Be part of the cemetery walk as a historical character once or twice a year. Children are welcome!
- Is your hobby or expertise genealogy and would you consider volunteering to being a referral person to those contacting us? It is not uncommon for people to contact us and come to visit from out of town searching for grave sites so sharing our cemetery work and records has extended way beyond our town lines.
- Do you like chatting with town seniors and perhaps being part of collecting their stories? Our book “They Said It In Salisbury” can certainly have additional senior interviews added at this time if someone would like to form this project.
- Help us to keep our projects going and buildings and trees in top shape by donating. No donations are ever too small. thank you!
- Contact Us
CURRENT BOARD MEMBERS:
President: Al Romano
Treasurer: Joe Schmidl
Secretary: Cindy Romano
Curator – Linda Denoncourt
Membership & Hospitality: Gail Henry
Website & Facebook: Rose Cravens
Christmas Party: Paul LaRaia
Flag Project Coordinator: Rose Cravens
Elementary School History Laison: Arthur Garvin
Elementary School Laison: Kathleen De Grassie
Scholarship & Concert Coordinator: Paul LaRaia
Round Robin /Cemetery Walk Coordinator: Rose Cravens
Past Presidents of the Salisbury Historical Society
We are deeply indebted to the following people for all their contributions in time and effort to help preserve our town’s history.
1966-1970 Dana Parks
1970-1971 Philip Dexheimer
1972-1974 Dana Parks
1974-1977 Stuart Goss
1977-1978 Melvin Peach
1978-1982 John Stahl
1982-1984 Philip Denoncourt
1985-1986 Sylvia Barber
1986-1988 David Clukay
1988-1990 Paul Shaw
1990-1992 Anne Smith
1992-1993 Leonard Burke
1993-1994 Petra Nosenzo
1994-1996 Paul Shaw
1996-1998 Dennis Melchin
1998-2000 Patrick Walsh
2000-2002 Marlena Dipre
2002-2006-1998 Dennis Melchin
2006-2008 Linda Denoncourt
2008-2010 Arthur Garvin
2010-2012 Linda Denoncourt
2012-2013 Paul Martin
2013-2016 Linda Denoncourt